6.22.2011

NYC Photo of the Day - June 21

Enjoying birthday cookie cake

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

As many of you may already know from experience, when you get to be my age (around 30) then you start taking a long hard look at your life.  Evaluating how far you come, what you've done, what you want to do, what you are good at and what you aren't, what makes you happy, and how you can get where you want to be at in life.  I think it all stems from a desire not to waste your life and to make an impact in the world or at least in someone else's life.  This season of searching for purpose, meaning, and significance is often also complicated by seeking to balance it against responsibilities to family, community, and work.  

In the midst of all this processing of life, I am comforted by this verse that I am God's poema...His masterpiece, His work of art.  On this day of my birth, I am thankful that the holy, God of the universe, created me and knows me intimately and personally.  I am grateful that He will accomplish His good works through me, not because I'm special or perfect, but because His Son is.  So I can rest in the work of Jesus on the cross, that it is sufficient to make me acceptable before Him; and I can rest in the resurrection of Jesus, that it is sufficient to empower me to accomplish His purpose for my life.


Prayer Requests
  So in light of all this, please pray for myself and April:

Pray that I would take the time to look carefully at how I walk and for wisdom to make THE BEST use of my time.  Pray for me to follow the Lord's will, to daily walk empowered by the Holy Spirit, to worship Him alone, and to encourage and serve others...especially my wife.  Above all to be thankful for the many blessings in my life by His grace.  (Ephesians 5:15-21)

I am grateful for my wife, family, friends, co-laborers, our supporters, and all the people with which I get to interact.  Among men, I am truly blessed!  Thanks be to God.

Pray that I would be strengthened by His Spirit to more fully comprehend and grasp the surpassing love of Christ for me.  That I would be rooted and grounded in this love that emanates from the Trinity (for God is love), share that love in word and deed with others, and delight to give love back to the Father through Christ.  (Ephesians 3:14-19)

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen" (Ephesians 3:20-21)


No comments: